What Is Linksys RE6700?
The device has a coverage area of up to 10,000 square feet. The gadget is compatible with all types of routers. In this blog, we will discuss the Linksys RE6700 Setup.
The Linksys RE6700 Setup is made even easier with the browser-based setup option. To complete the operation, you don’t even need installation software or a CD.
Linksys RE6700 Setup Instructions –
- First turn on RE6700 extender.
- Maintain the network’s name or SSID, as well as the password, on hand.
- Also, because the SSID and password are case sensitive, use caution when filling out the remaining details.
- One thing to keep in mind is to keep the Linksys RE6700 device as close to the router as possible.
- Make sure the gadget is in the middle between the PC and the router. This will amplify the signal.
Install Linksys RE6700 Hardware –
The hardware configuration of the Linksys RE6700 is just as crucial as the software configuration. You must ensure that all of the processes are completed with attention.
Remove the device from its package. The device is equipped with two antennas. Straighten the antennae and connect the power cord to a wall outlet.
Turn on the power switch when the device has been put on a stable surface. The lights of Linksys RE6700 extender will flash.
Connect the extender to the PC –
Connect your computer or laptop to the default username on the range extender. Linksys Extender Setup – xxx is the most common SSID. The device’s MAC address is represented by the three x’s at the end. The MAC address can be found on the device label, which is located on the backside of the device. For the Linksys RE6700 Setup to work, you’ll need to know your MAC address.
Setup an Open Extender —
In the address box of a web browser, type http://extender.linksys.com. On the screen, the Setup page will appear. Move on to the next stage by clicking ‘Setup.’
Choose a Wi-Fi Network –
When the ‘How do you want to utilise your range extender page appears on the screen, the ‘As a wireless range extender’ option will be the default option.
Select a Wireless Network –
The following page will prompt you to choose your wireless network from a list of all available wi-fi networks around the device.
- If you use two bands, for example, the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies, both bands will appear on the screen. Select your network.
- If you want to manually enter the network name and password after hiding the SSID, scroll down to the last option, ‘Manually Enter Network Name And Password.’
- Click ‘Next’ after entering the password in the apt form.
Wireless Extender Network –
You’ll be taken to a website where you’ll be asked to configure the expanded wireless network. The parameters can be tweaked to your desire. You can also just leave the settings alone. After you’ve completed this step, click ‘Next.’
- Spot Finder is a programme that allows you to find a certain location.
- Click ‘Next’ if the spot finder indicates that the Extender is in the correct location. The Spot Finder will inform you whether or not the signal is strong.
- If the Spot Finder says that the signal is poor or that the device is too far away from the router, switch off the extender, disconnect the power line, and relocate the device closer to the router and computer.
- Spot Finder does an excellent job of locating the best location for your Extender.
Keep Your Range Extender Safe —
On the next page, you’ll be prompted to create a new admin name and password. This will assist you in further securing the network. A password hint is an optional feature that you can use.
This is where you’ll finish the Linksys RE6700 setup. The ‘Your Extender is setup’ screen will appear. Both frequencies will be displayed, together with their respective network names and passwords.