In the past decades there has been an increase in mechanization and homogenization in farming. This involves using pesticides and additives as well as synthetic fertilizers and mass-production methods. This is clearly affecting the health of mankind. New diseases are rapidly spreading among animals and humans (the most recent being bird’s flu).
The World Health Organization publishes reports that show how chemicals are used in food and the manufacturing processes that go into them. Best Nutritionist in Delhi
It is possible to grow an organic vegetable garden if you have enough space, even just a few pots. Here are seven reasons to do this.
1. Your vegetables will be free from any additives. Organic food associations have shown that adding additives to our food can lead to hyperactivity, osteoporosis and migraines.
2. No pesticides nor synthetic fertilizers will be used. These chemicals are used to grow crops regardless of weather conditions or plagues. They also affect the quality and quantity of vegetables. Pesticides can also be poisonous for humans.
3. No genetically modified vegetables (GM) will be allowed to grow in your garden. To grow larger vegetables, hormones, drugs and antibiotics are applied. This can lead to vegetables that look the same as before and often taste bland. We also end up eating the hormones used on vegetables, which can have potential health risks. Best Dietician in India
4. You will feel healthier eating organic vegetables. They won’t contain any of these chemicals or products, and will taste much better than the ones at the grocery store. You will know that your health is safe and you won’t be exposed to any chemicals.
5. Producing your own organic vegetables will make them taste better. Pesticides, synthetic fertilizers and hormones can make vegetables unnaturally grow and reduce their taste. Organic vegetables will enhance your cooking as the full flavor of the fruits will shine through.
6. Organic farming is good for the environment. Organic farming is not harmful to the environment because you don’t use pesticides on your vegetables.
7. You can help the planet and your self-sustainability by growing your own organic vegetables. It is possible to form small communities where members can exchange the products they grow naturally. This creates a more friendly environment for all.
Organic products are simply those that have been grown without adding any other ingredients than what they would normally contain. You can see that additives, pesticides and hormones do not make up natural food. Grow your own organic vegetables to take better care of your health. A few pots is all you need.