What are the Common Skin Problem in Winter?
People must follow a skincare routine during winter to avoid complications. It can affect their physical appearance and overall performance. People who notice redness, patchiness, and itchiness during winter must consult the best dermatologist in Lahore. The specialist will conduct relevant tests to diagnose the illness and provide a treatment plan accordingly. The timely treatment allows the patient to get better without further complications.
The common skin-related issues that individuals face during winter are:
- Dryness: The individual may notice redness and patchiness on their skin during winter. Dryness can affect the body, which can cause hindrance in movement due to extreme discomfort. Skin dryness causes less production of sebum. The sebaceous glands do not produce enough oil to keep the skin lubricated. Thus, it is essential for people of all ages to use an oil-based moisturizer multiple times a day. Also, people must apply night cream before sleeping to enhance skin health.
- Dehydrated Skin: Individuals suffering from dehydration can notice deterioration in their skin health. The person either suffers from flaky skin or excessive oil production. It causes the skin to become greasy, affecting the overall appearance. Thus, people must monitor their diet and consume at least 1.2 liters of water daily for the normal functioning of vital organs. Also, people must use a moisturizer during winter to deal with skin problems.
- Chappy Skin:Individuals may suffer from chapped skin due to excessive exposure to wind and sun. Also, people who consume less water during seasonal changes are more likely to suffer from multiple skin problems. Therefore, people must avoid exposure to wind and wear proper clothes to enhance their physical health. Also, using skin serums can reduce redness and itchiness. Furthermore, people must use sunscreen daily to avoid sunburn and discoloration to enhance their physical appearance.
- Keratosis Pilaris: Individuals with a history of Keratosis Pilaris must monitor their skin health and take necessary precautionary measures to avoid complications. The change in the temperature can affect the skin’s health by causing the formation of red bumps on the arms and legs. People must use mild exfoliator and lotion with lactic acid. It helps reduce the symptoms and provides relief from the pain and discomfort.
- Oily Skin: Some people notice their skin becoming oily in winter due to the excessive production of oil from the sebaceous glands. Therefore, it is essential to follow a skincare routine with suitable products to balance the pH levels of the skin. It allows the skin to remain bright, soft, and firm.
- Chappy Lips: Most people notice their lips get Chappy during the winter. Therefore, people must use lip balm multiple times a day. Also, individuals suffering from Chappy lips must check their water intake, as dehydration can cause Chappy lips.
- Red Nose:Extreme weather conditions can cause redness all over the nose. Therefore, people must avoid excessive exposure to cold and use a humidifier at home. Additionally, people must keep their skin well moisturized to prevent further complications.
- Dandruff:Individuals taking cold showers in winter are more likely to suffer from dandruff. The dry air can aggravate the symptoms of dandruff. Thus, people must use anti-dandruff shampoo and normal-temperature water while washing their hair.
- Dry Cuticles: People overexposed to water while doing daily chores in winter are more likely to suffer from pain due to dry cuticles. However, using Vitamin E moisturizer at least twice a day can help reduce pain and discomfort. Hence, people must keep a moisturizer at work and use it multiple times daily to enhance skin health.
Individuals who suffer from skin issues in winter should consult a competent and reliable skin specialist in Karachi. The specialist will help identify the cause and guide the individual regarding lifestyle modification that can help enhance the skin’s health. Also, the specialist will help the individual invest in products suitable for them according to their skin type.