The skin flakes that occur on your hair and shoulder when you have dandruff cause your scalp to become dry. It is thought that 50% of people deal with it at some point in their lives. The likelihood that someone would get dandruff depends on a number of variables, including hygiene, nutrition, environment, etc. Sometimes, even the best ketoconazole shampoo india has to offer won’t be able to treat it. Because each person is unique, each person needs a separate set of solutions to this issue.
What Brings on Dandruff?
There are numerous reasons that can contribute to dandruff. Some of them consist of:
- Dry skin: Dandruff can be brought on by dry skin, especially during the dry winter months.
- Malassezia: This yeast species resides on your scalp. In some circumstances, an overabundance of yeast growth results in the overproduction of skin cells and dandruff.
- Psoriasis: This persistent skin ailment involves rapid cell proliferation, resulting in dry, scaly patches of skin all over the body.
- Specific drugs: Drugs like some anti-acne treatments or antidepressants may result in dandruff.
- Diet: Dandruff may develop as a result of a diet that is deficient in specific nutrients, including zinc and vitamin B.
Top 5 Home Treatments for Dandruff
- Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil has antifungal and anti-inflammatory characteristics that help combat the bacteria that cause dandruff and minimise scalp swelling. You can combine a few drops of tea tree oil with some carrier oil and your regular shampoo. Olive oil and coconut oil are examples of carrier oils. It helps to gently massage this concoction into your scalp.
- Apple cider vinegar: This beneficial ingredient for your diet has also been shown to be beneficial for your scalp. It aids in lowering your scalp’s pH, which might lessen dandruff. Apply apple cider vinegar and water in equal parts and use as a last rinse after shampooing your hair.
- Baking soda: Everyone like cakes, but no one enjoys a scalp full of flakes. Baking soda can thus aid in scalp exfoliation and excess oil removal. Apply a tiny amount of baking soda to your scalp by combining it with your shampoo or by making a paste with equal parts water and baking soda. Thoroughly rinse.
- Lemon Juice: Lemon juice has antifungal qualities as well and can assist with dandruff. Apply it as a final rinse after shampooing by combining equal parts lemon juice and water.
- Aloe vera: It is generally accepted that aloe vera provides a number of health advantages for our bodies. One of these advantages is that it has anti-inflammatory effects that calm the scalp. Apply aloe vera gel to your scalp by massaging it in, then rinse it out after a few hours.
It is crucial to understand that dandruff can arise from a range of internal and external reasons. In some extreme cases, even the best antidandruff shampoo may occasionally be ineffective. In such cases, it is advised to see a dermatologist for a correct diagnosis and treatment strategy.